Please Note: Vacancies for these positions occur sporadically. The hiring department will contact applicants as needed.
Excellent part-time job opportunity for individuals to provide staff support and customer service for the City of Huntington Beach Community Services Department. The Community Services Department includes Recreation, Human & Cultural Services; Facilities, Development & Concessions; Marine Safety; and Beach Operations.
Current vacancies are at the Edison and Murdy Community Centers
Ideal candidates must possess effective and cooperative communication and interpersonal skills and have the ability to relate to a diverse group of people.
Hours worked per week will vary and may include evenings and weekends.
These are Non-Perm, Part-Time positions.
Temporary/part-time employment is restricted to 1,000 hours within a 12-month period (July 1 – June 30) and does not qualify to receive City benefits, except those required by law. The City does not belong to the Social Security system. However, enrollment in an alternative retirement program is mandatory which requires an employee contribution of 7½% of base earnings to the Public Agency Retirement System (PARS). There are no rights to employment and employment may end with or without cause or advance notice. Further restrictions apply to CalPERS Retired Annuitants.
Examples of Essential Duties:
Under supervision, provides program information, customer service both in person and over the telephone; may collect fee or donations for recreation programs; perform equipment set-up and break-down; and perform a variety of routine and semi-skilled tasks including but not limited to the following:
Respond to customer inquiries, provide information regarding community programs, register customers for recreational activities, plan, direct and coordinate activities and special events.
Note: The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The City at its discretion, may add, modify, change or rescind work assignments as needed.
Education & Experience : Some high school and previous experience or related training required. Volunteer service or school related experience is accepted and should be reflected in the application.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCEDURE:
- CPR/First Aid Certificates must be obtained within three months of appointment.
Please Note: Our primary means of communication with applicants is sent via email; therefore, please include a valid email address on your application.
- An official City of Huntington Beach on-line job application must be filled out in its entirety.
- If you do not have paid work experience, please list any relevant volunteer or leadership experience.
- Applications will be closely reviewed for relevant experience, education and training.
- Applicants best meeting the City’s needs will be invited to a department interview.
- Upon a conditional offer of employment a pre-placement medical evaluation, drug screen (select positions), TB Screening and California Department of Justice (DOJ) Live Scan fingerprinting must be completed with acceptable results.
- Other background reports may also be conducted depending on the position.
- Upon hire, employee is subject to further reporting from DOJ via subsequent arrest notification.
Physical Tasks & Environmental Conditions: