REGIONAL BUSINESS DIRECTOR - ONCOLOGY - MIDWEST(Job Number: 1301381)
REGIONAL BUSINESS DIRECTOR - ONCOLOGY - MIDWEST (1301381)
- This RBD position can be based in any Major Midwest city (Chicago, Indianapolis, St Louis, Kansas City, etc) or Plainsboro, NJ region office.
- This position is responsible for leading the Oncology Midwest Region, which covers 14 states (IL, OH, MI, WI, MO, MN, CO, KS, IN, ND, SD, IA, ND, SD, WY) in driving sales for the full BMS Oncology portfolio of in-line assets as well as any future assets pending FDA approval.
- The primary objectives of the position are: to Mobilize a region of District Business Managers and Territory Business Managers behind the BMS mission/pledge and behind the business unit and brand vision and strategy.
- Provides input on national sales organization issues, opportunities and direction and fulfills strategic national level or business unit level brand and non brand point responsibilities as assigned.
- Ensures superior execution of business unit and brand strategy within region by translating strategy into region specific goals, objectives and business plan that take into account unique characteristics of region, e.g., geography, payer landscape, customer mix, etc.
- Develops, reviews and modifies region business plan on a proactive basis. Interprets and integrates complex data to develop communication strategies to drive performance and productivity within the region.
- Identifies and secures necessary resources, people and capital, and facilitates alignment with matrix team members to successfully execute region business plan. Explores and develops new relationships and effectively maintains existing relationships with key contacts and opinion leaders across customer base, e.g., healthcare systems, advocacy groups, providers.
- Develops contingency plans and makes tradeoff decisions in support of strategic business priorities.
- Effectively leads change within the organization, serves as champion for change efforts and ensures understanding and alignment around changes.
- Manages the region's operational and brand product budget and ensures appropriate allocation of budget against region priorities.
- Sets specific and measurable objectives and tracks and analyzes performance and productivity data against these measurements for regional team. Meets or exceeds sales goals utilizing approved materials and programs.
- Recruits, selects and develops individuals with the talent necessary to achieve competitive superiority in the market. Holds self and team accountable for business results and demonstration of the BMS BioPharma Behaviors.
- Serves as a role model for Best in Class Compliance and holds region accountable for Compliance by ensuring all practices within region are compliant with the BMS Compliance Code of Conduct, PhRMA Code, OIG Guidelines, PDMA Policies and Procedures and all other applicable laws, regulations, policies & procedures.
Job Function: Oncology
- Has minimum 10 years of pharmaceutical sales, marketing and management experience.
- A Bachelors Degree or equivalent is preferred. Understands interaction of geographic conditions and customer base.
- Understanding of environmental and industry trends, and their impact on the business.
- Previous sales, marketing and or other management roles of increasing responsibility.
- Mastery of selling skills.
- Experience with geographic region customer base.
- Top quality performance in field sales and field sales management. Diverse management leadership experience.
- Broad based, cross functional experience i.e., marketing, finance, planning and operations, learning and development, etc. Participation in the development and implementation of strategy on a geographic or product basis.
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Plainsboro
: USP - Oncology - Sales
Bristol-Myers Squibb - 7 months ago
Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMS) may be a giant in transition, but its still a pharmaceutical giant. The company's blockbuster cardiovascular...