This position is responsible for developing and implementing an approved plan for achieving sales and profit objectives for the assigned region. The selected candidate will coordinate with Automotive Aftermarket Team Leads to drive segmented programs to all prospects, group members, and current customers while attaining profitable growth. The Regional Manager will manage and support various sales representatives and independent agents contracted to promote and sell our products and ensure proper representation to our customers. The position will represent The Timken Company to the Aftermarket (Commercial Vehicle) channel. The Regional Manager will also train, develop and motivate independent representatives in their assigned territories. This position will effectively interpret, communicate and implement company policies, procedures, priorities, and programs. The role will also solicit input from all representatives to generate and/or enhance selling and marketing programs and business planning efforts.
· Annually achieve sales and profit objectives for the specific sales region.
· Submit and maintain travel, entertainment, training, and commission budgets in a timely manner. Achieve business cost objectives within these budget limits.
· Increase the market penetration for all Timken Aftermarket products in the Commercial Vehicle channel.
· Work with contracted independent sales representatives in conjunction with our current customers and prospects to develop annual business plan which accurately reflects customer and AAM expectations as well as sales objectives and profit objectives.
· Prioritize Voice of the Customer issues (Needs vs. Wants) to position Timken products and services in an advantageous position versus the competition.
· Establish and maintain a database by industry, program group, and key accounts to include among others:
Key account decision makers and purchasing pattern centralized vs. decentralized
Operations geographical locations
Established distributor service providers and branches and key contacts
Sales potential by account and product line and bearing application
Competitive pricing & Competing manufacturers
Account hot buttons
· Evaluate market opportunities, potential suppliers, and profitability for new products and services that align themselves with core products and services that the AAM makes available to the market.
· Associate’s degree and minimum 10 years industry experience OR
· Bachelor’s degree and minimum 8 years industry experience OR
· Master’s degree and minimum 6 years industry experience
· Must be able to interface with professionals of different levels
· Proven success in sales, account management, marketing, or product management
· Demonstrated ability to establish and nurture relationships with key internal customers (i.e. upper management, zone managers and sales engineers, other key account executives and industry/market managers) and external companies in the aftermarket (i.e. distributors [management and branch] program distribution, owners and principals at manufacturers rep agencies)
· 7 years experience in aftermarket distribution in customer service, account management, sales, marketing, product management, or automotive related experience
Timken Inc. - 14 months ago
The Timken Company keeps its bearings straight. The company makes bearings that find their way into products from consumer appliances to...