Develops and maintains favorable relationships with new and existing clients in order to increase revenue. Ensures achievement of strategic sales objectives for a specific region or territory. Prospects a variety of new clients for TriTech’s suite of software solutions for public safety, including Law Enforcement and Fire, professionals. Responsible for sustaining and renewing client contracts. Reports to the Regional Sales Director and operates under minimal supervision. Performs a variety of tasks. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Five to ten years of technical or software sales experience, preferably in the Public Safety Software market.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILIITIES
• Prospecting, developing and closing large contracts within the Public Safety arena for a specified geographic territory (prior experience calling on Federal Customers, Government Agencies and/or Law Enforcement Agencies is a plus).
• Build and maintain a high performance sales pipeline; create and nurture a positive and professional image in the Public Safety industry.
• Utilize Solutions Selling strategies to determine client needs; communicate effectively and professionally within the Public Safety sector.
• Travel to perform client site visits, attend conferences/trade shows and conduct demonstrations for potential clients.
• Support and assist with TriTech User Group meetings and functions.
• Address client issues and sales activity with prospective and existing clients via Client Relationship Management software; track and monitor client satisfaction issues and work with Client Managers to resolve major problems.
• Produce contracts and develop quotes for potential clients
• Respond to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Requests for Information (RFIs) from prospective clients.
• Conduct appropriate amount of competitive research and maintain knowledge of competitive products.
• Support ongoing organizational improvement efforts and maintain good inter-departmental relationships.
• Lends expertise and assists with special projects as needed.
Requires a minimum of 5 years experience in technical or software field sales and integration efforts.
Proven sales track-record that demonstrates successfully meeting or exceeding quota. Thorough understanding of Solutions Selling and its applicability. Knowledge of project management, team building, problem solving, budgeting and client relationship management.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Polished presentation skills with significant experience in a large volume sales environment, preferably selling a software application/solution or comparable advanced technology product/service. Exceptional skills in prospecting and qualifying potential accounts. Demonstrate the ability to create, develop and close solution sales. Ability to work independently and to manage multiple objectives, tasks and clients. Client service oriented.
MS Office Suite with emphasis on PowerPoint and Excel. This position utilizes SalesForce.com. Knowledge of public safety software or TriTech software is a plus. Experience in the regular use of PCs, laptops, servers, and other hardware as used by Sales, Technical Trainers and Deployment. All other communication tools to include cell phones, laptops, wireless access, etc.
Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent in business, marketing, engineering, or computer science with demonstrated effort toward professional development.
Estimated 75% air and ground travel required annually. General office environment or home office. This position may be remotely located. Selling requires a high level of personal energy and stamina with substantial standing and moving for extended periods.
TriTech is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: M/F/D/V