Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
This is a full time, defined duration opportunity with the potential to be extended further, based on business need. You may also be eligible for the following benefits:
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Company Paid Holidays
- Tax-Saver Spending Accounts for Medical and Dental Care
Operate with considerable latitude in consulting, advising, and representing the company on a variety of highly complex legal matters and projects related to corporate law. Provide legal counsel to management on broad issues affecting the company. Ensure that legal documents regarding board meetings and motions, mergers or acquisitions, contracts, or other corporate actions are prepared properly. Confer with executives regarding corporate initiatives, product development, or regulatory concerns to assess legal risks to the company and plan actions to control or minimize those risks.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide legal advice and service by combining skill in corporate law with sound business acumen and knowledge of business goals and objectives of the company or assigned business units.
- Engage with assigned business units to meet goals. Pursue details and achieve closure on various matters. Provide excellent client service.
- Use business and legal judgment to balance an appropriate level of risk against the business needs in a particular situation. Operate within the framework of allowable corporate behavior and governance, and legal and regulatory compliance.
- Supervise and actively direct outside counsel.
- Work closely with business clients and outside counsel to ensure adherence to important corporate and regulatory policies.
- Draft templates. Write documents. May draft comment letters. May analyze legislation that impacts the company and assist the company in responding to inquiries from Congress and government agencies.
- Prepare and manage a due diligence budget. Coordinate with internal departments to ensure proper tracking and accounting of legal due diligence expenses.
- May plan, guide, and/or oversee the performance of legal support staff.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- JD required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 6 years of related experience
- Legal experience in real estate/REO sales/litigation experience
- Must possess the highest ethical standards and an uncompromising commitment to excellence in every respect.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to provide outstanding client service in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, and work collaboratively as well as constructively with colleagues of all levels.
- Demonstrated superior legal research, drafting, writing and organizational skills.
- Ability to engage in proactive, strategic thinking.
- Ability to exercise good judgment after thoroughly considering all relevant facts and balancing differing objectives.
- Detail-oriented and will ensure the highest standards of quality and accuracy are met.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Please note: This position will span a pre-defined duration .
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...