Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
This is a full time, defined duration opportunity with the potential to be extended further, based on business need. You may also be eligible for the following benefits:
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Company Paid Holidays
- Tax-Saver Spending Accounts for Medical and Dental Care
Manage a team engaged in performing duties related to disposing of real estate owned (REO) properties. Hire, manage, train, develop, and evaluate staff. Develop, implement, document, and ensure adherence to processes and procedures and overall REO/foreclosure strategy. Utilize project management skills to initiate, track and report on normal activities and process improvement initiatives for Asset Recovery. Participate in or lead special projects.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage and continually enhance the day-to-day activities and oversight of system implementation, quality control reviews, policy and procedure changes, eviction, "cash for keys" and redemption processes.
- Maintain alignment between functional processes and policy and procedures. Ensure policies and procedures are current and perform periodic audits to ensure staff is in compliance, including SOX controls. Maintain reporting and manage exceptions to achieve above performance expectations.
- Ensure adherence to laws, regulations, and the firm's policies. Oversee development of policies, procedures, and implementation of key controls to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Establish and develop strong working relationships both internally and externally at all levels of the organization.
- Monitor team productivity. Coordinate and administer assignments, monitor team progress, and maintain schedules.
- Remain current on changes to Eviction and Redemption laws nationwide. Educate staff of changes and assess impact on current processes.
- Oversee development of policies, procedures, and implementation of key controls to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Develop team members and provide ongoing professional guidance and direction.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 8 years of related experience
- Prior People Management, Project Management or Client Relationship based experience strongly preferred.
- 5 years or equivalent experience in the Financial Services industry; REO Property Management or Mortgage Servicing experience a plus.
- The position requires an individual who can work within a team in a highly demanding environment, with strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to create clear and attainable project objectives, building the project requirements, and managing the implementation of projects from start to finish within time, scope and budget.
- Ability to build effective cross-functional relationships with stakeholders and use influence to execute against business priorities.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented team player with superior analytical, project management, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to define problems, collect/analyze data, establishes facts, draw valid conclusions, prepare reports, prioritize and manage several concurrent initiatives/projects simultaneously.
- In-depth knowledge of Equator is preferred.
- Knowledge of eviction, "cash for keys", and redemption is preferred.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Please note: This position will span a pre-defined duration .
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...