Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
Manage a team engaged in performing duties related to repair of real estate owned (REO) properties. Hire, manage, train, develop, and evaluate staff. Develop, implement, document, and ensure adherence to processes and procedures and overall REO/foreclosure strategy. Participate in or lead special projects.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage daily team activities related to the rehab of REO properties. Activities may include evaluating vendors, reviewing pricing, inspecting repairs, reviewing sales strategy, and evaluating scope of repairs for properties. Assist sales team in development of strategies for specific markets.
- Collaborate with internal staff, brokers, repair vendors, repair outsourcers, and others to expedite the sales process and maximize proceeds. Develop and maintain vendor networks.
- Ensure processing of 1093 expenses within guidelines. Document exceptions.
- Monitor team productivity.
- Ensure adherence to laws, regulations, and the firm's policies. Oversee development of policies, procedures, and implementation of key controls to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Identify opportunities to streamline and enhance systems efficiency. Support systems enhancements. Improve efficiencies to reduce costs.
- Coordinate and administer assignments, monitor team progress, and maintain schedules.
- Develop team members and provide ongoing professional guidance and direction.
- Review, prepare, and deliver reports.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 8 years of related experience in the Financial Services industry; REO Property Management or Home Remodel/Repair experience is a plus.
- Prior Vendor Management, General Management, Project Management or Client Relationship based experience strongly preferred.
- The position requires an individual who can manage a team in a highly demanding environment, with strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
- Highly regarded for teamwork, flexibility, integrity, ethics, professionalism, and communication skills (written and oral).
- Self-motivated, results-oriented manager with superior analytical, project management, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to think strategically with a passion to "roll up your sleeves" and manage the details of a program.
- Strong process management skills and ability to manage cross functional project stakeholder teams.
- Proven track record in building effective cross-functional relationships, using influence to execute against business priorities and bringing projects from concept to production.
- Ability to define problems, collect/analyze data, establishes facts, draw valid conclusions, prepare reports, prioritize and manage several concurrent initiatives/projects.
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously and to perform under pressure within tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills to synthesize and communicate information to senior management.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...