Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
Perform a broad range of highly complex duties related to disposing of real estate owned (REO) properties. Duties may include valuing, repairing, maintaining, listing, marketing, negotiating offers, selling, and closing of properties. Recommend action to resolve discrepancies. Compile data and prepare a variety of complex reports. Operate with lead responsibility.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Analyze broker's price opinions (BPO) and appraisals. Determine the list price based upon market conditions.
- Assign a broker. Formulate the marketing strategy. List the property. Monitor the marketing effort. Revise list price and marketing plan as needed.
- Manage initial services such as trash removal, yard work, and interior cleaning.
- Coordinate repairs as needed. Review repair bids. Issue repair authorizations.
- Negotiate offers in accordance with corporate objectives. Obtain approvals.
- Ensure timely closings and final property disposition.
- Train and develop brokers. Identify and recruit new brokers as needed.
- Coordinate and respond to inquiries and requests from internal staff, mortgage insurance companies, lenders, title companies, attorneys, government offices, and others.
- Update databases to ensure that information is accurate, complete, and accessible. Maintain records and files. Perform periodic analyses and review of data. Investigate questionable items.
- Ensure adherence to laws, regulations, and the firm's policies.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 6 years of related experience
- Previous real estate sales or REO experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently within a team
- Proven analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fannie Mae - 15 months ago
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...