Posting Title : RESEARCH ADMINISTRATOR - Office of the Vice Provost for Research
Requisition Number : 1737
City : Boston
State/Province : Massachusetts
Zip code : 02111
Job Description-Overview :
The Office of the Vice Provost for Research (OVPR) is responsible for pre-award and non-fiscal post-award administration of grants and contracts (through the Office of Research Administration), protection, management, and licensing of the University's intellectual property (through the Office for Technology Licensing and Industry Collaboration), oversight of the use of human subjects and laboratory animals in research, implementation of the University's policies on conflict of interest in research and misconduct in research and scholarship, and for working with other administrative offices to create an environment at the University that encourages and facilitates research. The Office strives to provide high quality services to the faculty and to increase the funding available to support research while protecting the University's interests and assuring that Tufts is in compliance with all relevant laws and regulations.
The research administrator will report to Boston Senior Associate Director of Research Administration (AD) under the overall direction of Director of Research Administration. The position is based on the Boston campus with research administration responsibilities for supporting the faculty and research scientists of the Boston and Grafton campuses.
The research administrator:
Job Description - Requirements :
- Provides high quality services to the faculty/staff and facilitates upfront preparation of proposals, awards and contracts. These services include budget review and participation in the negotiation of basic terms and conditions prior to the Office of Research Administration approvals, as well as drafting subcontract agreements and amendments.
- Assists faculty/staff by facilitating the development of the sponsor budgets and forms necessary for proposals, as well Tufts' required documents and approvals.
- Works in partnership with the Office of Sponsored Programs Accounting (SPA) and has responsibility for reviewing federal proposals for compliance with a sponsor's requirements, provides post award service concerning budget reallocation, "no-cost-extensions" (NCEs), contract amendments and terms and conditions interpretations.
- Researches and identifies new opportunities for research support for all campuses as well as assists the ADs in organizing grants workshops, presentations, and seminars to faculty and administrators.
- Provides high quality services to the faculty to maximize the probability of winning external research funding awards.
- Required education: Bachelor's degree
- 3-5years of relevant experience
- Required computer/technical skills: MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access); internet
- Minimum of three years of experience dealing with grants and contracts
- Knowledge of funding agencies and their programs, understanding of the regulations that govern federal research funding and related areas of regulatory compliance
- Demonstrated organization and management skills
- Experience with the contractual process
- Ability to work in a collegial and helpful manner with faculty and administrative staff
- Possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
- Experience dealing with grants and contracts administration in a University, hospital, or non-profit research setting.
- Experience with electronic proposal submissions (ie., Grants.gov, eRA Commons, NSF Fastlane)
- Be a Certified Research Administrator or possess a graduate level degree (or working towards it) in a field related the functions of a research administrator.
Depending on the needs of the faculty, projects, proposals and other demands, there may be late hours and weekends.
Please apply online at http://hr.tufts.edu/jobs
JOB REQUISITION #: 1737
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds.
LatinosInHigherEd.Com - 23 months ago