The Research Coordinator will perform various activities associated with managing and coordinating a multi - year public health research project entitled, 'Increasing Postpartum Glucose Tolerance Testing Following Gestational Diabetes'. This study combines maternal and child health with chronic illness prevention. Phase I entails interviews with patients and providers to understand obstacles to testing and follow up care for women with gestational diabetes. Phase II is a pilot randomized clinical trial, testing the efficacy on an intervention to improve postpartum glucose testing, using methods of patient navigation and motivational interviewing.
(Please note this position is for 30 hours per week)
- Implement and monitor objectives of a research proposal
- Set up team meetings
- Manage reports to funders, IRB, and budget reporting for project
- Works with CHS administrators on paperwork for HR and procurement
- Supervise casual employees who will carry out the clinician and patient interviews and interventions.
- Coordinates study activities and time line at two sites (Boston Medical Center and East Boston Neighborhood Health Center)
- Participates with the investigative team in coding data and analyzing results.
- Assist team in preparation of follow-up grant proposal and manuscript preparation.
Candidate must have fluency in Spanish, and English. French is a plus but not required.
1-3 years of experience and Masters Degree required
Boston University - 19 months ago