Michael's House, part of Foundations Recovery Network, is a residential treatment center that provides integrated treatment to persons with addiction and/or mental health conditions. Through the use of the Foundations Treatment Model, our staff addresses the complex needs of individuals who are struggling against co-occuring disorders. |
- Responsible for reviewing pass down information obtained from Shift Lead Resident Counselor.
- Conducts psycho-educational groups.
- Participates in milieu related meetings (i.e., level change, house meetings, etc.).
- Performs case management duties as directed.
- Answers all calls and directs accordingly.
- Responsible for appropriately charting significant events that occur regarding patient treatment during assigned shift.
- Ensures that all doors are locked and secure throughout the assigned shift.
- Responsible for assigning transportation services as needed and/or directed.
- Responsible for conducting room searches and urine analysis as necessary.
- Escalates issues and/or concerns regarding residents to Lead Resident Counselor.
- Monitors resident computer and telephone usage.
- Dispenses patient medications in absence of nurse.
- Ability to inspire client confidence in the FRN Staff and the FRN Model of Treatment.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate through conduct and communications the stability required to effectively assist patients and their family members through the FRN Model of Treatment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills. Position continually requires demonstrated professionalism, tact and diplomacy.
- Must have general knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing and spreadsheets (MS Word, Excel).
- Understanding of diverse cultures and gender specific issues and the ability to incorporate needs of gender and culturally diverse groups into the organization.
- Understands need for and maintains appropriate confidentiality at all times when interacting with patients, residents, families, visitors, referral sources and all other contacts.
- Must possess a current, valid drivers license and have the ability to obtain a Class B license.
- Must possess current CPR/First Aid certification.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED required, Certification in Alcohol and Drug Studies, AA or BA preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in Healthcare field.
CareerBuilder - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard