The General Manager is a hands-on position with complete responsibility for all restaurant-related functions, systems and processes. You will perform operational duties, supervise the management team and teammates’ activities and ensure the overall integrity of the restaurant. Your active involvement will be in achieving outstanding guest service, build sales and provide sound cost controls so they will result in timely, consistent, and superior performance to your restaurant and your guests. In addition to your operational duties, you will support various human resource related functions including coaching, development, leadership, and direction. We look to you to be the positive role model for your team and to supervise and coordinate duties by handling staffing needs, community inquiries, guest requests and complaints. Your position as General Manager will have direct and overall responsibility for your restaurant's results.
This person will report directly to the Area Coach
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Effectively manage a restaurant within the policies and guidelines of the company, ensuring 100% guest satisfaction at all times.
- Controls day-to-day operations by scheduling labor, ordering food and supplies, and developing the restaurant team
- Ensures OSHA, local health and safety codes, and company safety and security policy are met
- Controls profit & loss, by following cash control/security procedures, maintaining inventory, managing labor, reviewing financial reports, and taking appropriate actions
- Recruits, interviews, and hires teammates, conducts performance appraisals, takes disciplinary action as needed, motivates and trains
- Has authority to hire and fire (or participate in those decisions)
- Ensures maintenance of equipment and facility through the use of a preventative maintenance program
- Ensures food quality and 100% guest satisfaction
- Ensures complete and timely execution of marketing programs
- Ensures a safe working and guest experience environment by facilitating safe work behaviors of the team
- Current or Prior General Manager experience preferred.
- Dedication to providing exceptional guest service
- Good communication skills, strong leadership skills, strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Exceptional team building capability
- Basic business math and accounting skills, and strong analytical/decision-making skills
- Basic personal computer literacy
- 2-4 years supervisory experience in either a food service environment, including Profit & Loss responsibility
- Proven ability to handle challenges in a fast pace field-based environment with complex and multiple tasks & deadlines. This position is a flexible schedule requiring you to work rotating shifts.
Mimi’s Cafe - 19 months ago