A Fresh Approach To Great Results.
Charlotte-based Compass Group North America is the leader in foodservice management and support services. By combining fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent, we continue to set the standards for food and service excellence. Our vision for success is a powerful one – to continue to rise above the competition in every aspect of our business – from leading-edge technology, to purchasing, to foodservice, to catering and vending, to facilities management and support services. That kind of commitment commands only the best, and it.s our great people providing great service that generates our great results . In turn, it’s important to us that our talented employees be given the proper resources to achieve their fullest potential. Play a key role in our future success:
Morrison Management Specialists , a member of the Compass Group, is the nation’s only food service company exclusively dedicated to providing food, nutrition and dining services to the healthcare and senior living communities through its two operating divisions: Morrison Healthcare Food Services and Morrison Senior Living. With over 1,200 registered dietitians, 200 executive chefs and 16,600 professional food service team members, Morrison is actively committed to fostering ways to enjoy great-tasting, healthy food through socially responsible practices and superior customer service. Morrison serves over 800 client locations in 41 states including some of the largest and most prominent integrated healthcare systems and senior living communities in the United States.
Morrison started over a half century ago with the idea of bringing our retail expertise to hospitals. Today, we are an industry leader with national reach. We are guided by values that we call The Morrison Way: trust, team, customer focus, learning, and profit. Since the beginning, our strategy hasn’t changed…we achieve our goals by helping our customers meet theirs!
The Retail Manager Position is an exciting opportunity for an energetic, entrepreneurial manager who is constantly seeking a better way to conduct business. Our Retail Managers are responsible for the successful retail/cafeteria operation of Food & Nutrition Services under the direction of the Director, Food and Nutrition Services. You will perform a variety of duties to include the planning and supervision of special functions, maintaining cash controls, payroll records, hiring and training of our hourly team members. The Retail Manager ensures customer satisfaction and good public relations through the safe and efficient uses of resources.
Great People. Great Service. Great Results.
- B.S. Degree in Food Services Technology/Management or related field; or A.A. Degree plus one (1) year of directly related experience preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year of retail operational foodservice management experience preferred, depending upon formal degree or training
- Good knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, marketing and presentation
- P&L accountability and contract-managed service experience is desirable
- Experience with cash retail operations
- Retail marketing experiences are highly desirable
- Supervisory, leadership, management and coaching skills
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to communicate on various levels to include management, customer and associate levels
- Knowledge of financial, budgetary, accounting and computational practices
- Proficient computer skills to include; various computer programs, Microsoft Office programs, e-mail and the Internet
- Must be able to successfully pass a criminal background check(State and Federal) and drug screen.
At Compass Group North America, our superior balance of efficiency and quality attract the highest caliber level of service our clients deserve. We retain the finest workers with a highly competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits plan. If you’re looking for a career where you set the standard for personal advancement, then Compass Group North America is for you! Working together, we will continue to experience success as the industry’s best.
Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group North America is a diversity growth-oriented organization. Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and consistent treatment and providing equal growth opportunities for ALL associates. EOE & AA Employer M/F/D/V