A great career awaits you at CenturyLink!
CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States. The company provides broadband, voice and wireless services to consumers and businesses across the country and advanced entertainment services under the CenturyLink™ Prism™ TV and DIRECTV brands. In addition, the company provides data, voice and managed services to business, government and wholesale customers in local, national and select international markets through its high-quality advanced fiber optic network and multiple data centers. CenturyLink also is recognized as a leader in the network services market by key technology industry analyst firms, and is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and hosted IT solutions for enterprises through Savvis, a CenturyLink company. CenturyLink's customers range from Fortune 500 companies in some of the country's largest cities to families living in rural America. Headquartered in Monroe, La., CenturyLink is an S&P 500 company and is included among the Fortune 500 list of America's largest corporations. For more information, visit www.centurylink.com .
The Retail Sales Consultant is responsible for interacting with individual residential and small business customers, either in person or by telephone, for the purpose of collecting, posting, depositing and reconciling customer payments received by the customer care location including pay stations, night deposit boxes, pay telephones or other sources as necessary. In addition, this position will provide service to customers by means of processing service requests, billing issue resolution and sales of new products and services. Generate revenue by promoting, demonstrating and selling features, products and services to new and existing accounts.
· Interact with customers in person or by telephone to process orders for new installations, disconnections, moves, adds, long distance carrier changes, customer record maintenance, and other telephone service arrangement. Complete and process service orders as needed to ensure timely installation or service for the customer.
· Sell products and services to customers coming into the customer care location and provide information on products to meet their current and future requirements. Meet assigned goals for sales, quality assurance and other performance goals and quotas as assigned.
· Receive customer payments for current or future service billings in the form of cash, personal checks, or credit /debit cards.
· Update the Customer Service Database system for billing address corrections or other information as needed to ensure accurate and up-to-date records.
· Respond to customer requests for information regarding billing. Answer service or billing questions and resolve issues regarding local telephone service. Utilize appropriate judgment and follow Company policies when applying billing adjustments to ensure customer satisfaction.
· Keep abreast of and adhere to CenturyLink’s service offerings, promotions, policies and procedures.
· Post payments received from walk-in customers, night drop boxes, post office, pay station, pay phones or other sources in the appropriate database system.
· Balance cash drawers, prepare bank deposit and other sources.
· Forward daily cash balancing worksheets to the appropriate location for recording and processing following established Company policies and procedures. Perform monthly cash reconciliation's and work with the corporate offices to resolve any identified cash discrepancies.
· Demonstrate telephone services, equipment, accessories, or Internet service displays featured in the customer care location as time allows. Explain what our services do and guide customers in exploring and test-driving services to help them discover the best ones for them. Document and maintain appropriate customer documentation as necessary.
· Process service orders for miscellaneous changes such as PIC changes, optional calling features, service additions or deletions, etc. Provide high-level trouble-shooting for customers with repair issues. Facilitate scheduling repair appointments as necessary.
· Provide Company forms and other supplies to pay station collection sites to ensure the appropriate forms are available at the payment location.
· Make changes in the Customer Service Database system for billing address corrections or other information as needed.
The non-essential functions below are representative of other duties that may be performed by this position as time permits. Incumbents may be required to perform any combination or all of these non-essential functions.
· Open, sort and distribute mail.
· Monitor and maintain inventory levels of office supplies for department use. Initiate purchase orders as necessary to meet office supply requirements.
· Prepare, process and track requisitions and purchase orders using the Envision database system which may also include entering, receiving and shipping.
· Enter employee time into the Envision database system to include hours charged to a specific Work Order or Service Request.
· Enter data into electronic database systems as required to maintain logs and records of department activities.
Perform special projects or other duties as assigned.
· Minimum one year customer service or general office experience or the equivalent in training and experience.
· Working knowledge of mainframe and personal computers and related software to include database applications, word processing and spreadsheets.
· Good verbal and interpersonal communication skills to interact with customers and company personnel in a professional manner.
· Experience in telecommunications customer service.
Experience handling cash payments and balancing a cash drawer.
CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
- 2 years ago - save job