Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people.
Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
We are a global leader in the electronic warfare, radar, missile, communication and space marketplace, moving information between sensors and decision makers. Worldwide we employ more than 12,000 people. We believe that being a world leader starts from within. We celebrate innovation and teamwork, and we foster a culture of respect and diversity. Our open door policy encourages valued input from our employees and our organizational growth stems from their contributions and development.
Cobham is seeking an
to work at our San Jose, CA facility. The RF Technician’s responsibilities are focused in the area of microwave circuit test, module alignment and subsystems test to meet shipping schedules. The RF Technician will support production activities within a group concentrating on advanced microwave subsystems for applications including missile front ends, radar receivers, wideband tuners and synthesized sources. Duties include tuning thin film, chip and wire modules, testing modules, CCAs, and subsystem products, collecting and documenting test data and providing feedback to manufacturing engineers on production products. This position is located in San Jose, CA and no relocation is available.
- Align, test and troubleshoot multi-function thin film microwave integrated circuits in support of meeting established daily output goals.
- Carefully document and analyze test results to ensure compliance and accurately record all process steps, rework and troubleshooting performed.
- Work closely with manufacturing engineers, as part of a product team, providing feedback on modules and subsystem products.
- Test analog circuits from schematics and/or diagrams.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population (M/F/D/V). See all of our latest opportunities at
- Completed Associates Degree in Electronics or equivalent trade school or technical education and minimum three years’ experience aligning thin film (microstrip, chip & wire) circuits and documenting test results on multi-function microwave integrated circuits (MICs) OR minimum six years’ work experience aligning thin film (microstrip, chip & wire) and documenting tuning and test results on multi-function microwave integrated circuits (MICs) in lieu of an Associate Degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year experience working on, testing or aligning RF Frequency Microwave hardware.
- Minimum of two years hands on experience with network/spectrum analyzers and microwave circuit test equipment.
- Experience with file manipulation, file organization, accessing and launching various programs, and basic Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to work under a microscope and wire bond.
- Proficient written and verbal skills.
- This position is located in San Jose, CA and no relocation is available therefore the candidate must be either located local to San Jose or be willing to relocate themselves to San Jose.
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain secret clearance, which requires US Citizenship.
or follow us on LinkedIn.
Technicians - Test
Cobham Electronic Systems San Jose
Cobham - 7 months ago
copy to clipboard
In the aerospace and defense industries Cobham is all over the map. Serving customers in more than a hundred countries, Cobham provides...