- is looking for talented Electronic Technicians to join our Team! Seeking solid troubleshooting experience to the component level. Experience researching defects to the root cause. Prefer troubleshooting and repair experience with RF, microwaves, &/or filters.
Troubleshoot, repair and modify electronic assemblies, subassemblies and/or monitors. Test complex boards and/or systems; upgrade circuit boards and assemble system cases. Solder electronic assemblies used in standard computer related applications.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot, repair and modify complex electronic commercial or custom systems, such as motherboards, interface boards and peripherals to the component level.
- Prioritize repair workload according to schedule demands.
- Test complex electronic commercial or custom systems with the aid of procedures or verbal instructions.
- Read schematics and use Bill of Materials (BOM’s).
- Set up and operate standard and non-standard testing devices.
- Inspect boards and/or systems to see that they meet QA standards.
- Build test system encasements and wire harnesses using a variety of hand and electric tools.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and suggest changes. Implements improvements under the supervision of an engineer or customer representative.
- Follow procedures and diagrams in performing engineering change orders as required.
- Solder and desolder through hole and surface mount device components on printed circuit boards.
Education & Experience:
We are accepting entry level candidates to experienced technicians.
Entry Level: Associates degree in Electronics or related field required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. (When appropriate, equivelant experience may replace a degree.)
Experienced Technician: One to five years experience repairing, servicing, soldering experience required. Experience with Linux or Unix software a plus. Knowledge of MIPS or SPARC technology a plus. Previous Telecom industry experience preferred with repair experience.
Avnet - 20 months ago