Next Street: Where teamwork and entrepreneurship meet
What do you want your next job to accomplish? Next Street was founded in 2005 on an idea: to equip urban business owners and nonprofit leaders with the same level of talent that Wall Street, Madison Avenue, and the elite management consultancies provide to Fortune 500 CEOs. Our clients are successful organizations with revenue of $5 million to $100 million. We connect the dots at every level and in multiple industries to create a network that sustains small business growth and wealth creation in America’s inner cities. We deliver game-changing impact to our “urban blue chip” clients, getting them to the next level and unleashing the power of enterprise to create jobs in the communities that need them most. We look for people who combine significant experience in their field at large organizations with a passion for building small companies in urban markets: people who love cities, love business, and thrive on challenge.
Next Street recently launched a strategic alliance with the Initiative for a Competitive Inner City (ICIC), America’s leading think-tank on the urban economy. By co-locating together, Next Street and ICIC are better equipped to advance their own missions and drive economic prosperity in the inner city.
No matter the position, you will work with talented, committed professionals in finance, strategic business planning, talent management, recruiting, and marketing. This unique integrated service model gives us the ability to finance and implement the growth solutions we propose. Every member of our team will tell you that this is enormously satisfying work.
We are looking for an outstanding professional to work with members of Business Development, as well as practice groups, to respond to a wide variety of customized Requests for Proposals (RFPs, RFIs, and RFQs). Ideal candidates for this role will be excellent writers, have proven experience in responding to RFPs, possess excellent communication skills and be able to think strategically. Candidates should have at least five years of experience in a writing capacity, preferably in the professional services sector.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proposal writing, including large, government RFPs, client proposals, and grant applications
- Writing and editing original text for all client proposals with attention to crafting narrative formats that are consistent across four practice groups – ensuring all materials sound like “one voice”;
- Tailoring existing content to answer questions in a strategic, dynamic and directly responsive manner;
- Working with consultants to assist in tailoring their biographies based on the subject matter(s);
- Reviewing, updating and editing proposals;
- Assembling research on current and prospective clients and competitors to help practice group leaders prepare for business development opportunities;
- Confirm that proposals meet submission requirements and ensure proper and timely delivery;
- Create PowerPoint presentations for follow-up meetings;
- Work with practice group leaders, and marketing to ensure that practice group descriptions and other materials used for RFPs/pitches stay updated;
- Assist Marketing as needed on items for the firm’s website, intranet, brochures, and special projects;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In addition to a passion for the work we do, candidates should have:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, journalism, technical writing or similar discipline. Graduate degree in related discipline a plus.
- Minimum of five years of experience in business development or marketing, preferably in a professional services sector;
- Excellent interpersonal and client relations skills as well as strong verbal and written communication skills;
- A strategic thinker who takes initiative to ensure all tasks are completed on deadline;
- Highly organized, detail-focused and have strong time management skills;
- Ability to work and remain focused and composed in a tight deadline-driven environment.
- Self-motivated and independent, able to work with only periodic supervision;
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite to include MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Why Next Street?
Next Street is the right company for you if you want to work at the intersection of doing well and doing good in an environment that is fast-paced and intense with a commitment to doing what is right for our clients. You will have direct contact with our clients and the opportunity to contribute to their growth. We are a meritocracy, and career progress is determined by your contribution to our clients and Next Street as a whole.
- A demonstrated capacity for teamwork as well as a flair for entrepreneurial innovation
- Ability to think beyond the task at hand and take initiative
- Willingness to work beyond conventional hours and locations, as our clients do
- Comfort with a “flat,” multi-disciplinary structure without the insulation of business “silos”
- Willingness to challenge and be challenged, regardless of one’s position in the organization
- The maturity to work productively inside a client organization as well as our own
What we provide to our clients is unavailable to small business owners in any marketplace:
This is Next Street: a merchant bank for the urban enterprise.
- A breadth and depth of relevant experience which transcends their own
- The ability to adapt and solve for almost any challenge that confronts them
- Connections to institutions that can help them get hard things done
- Objective counsel from an outsider—with an inside knowledge of their company
Next Street is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Next Street Financial - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -