ABOUT MSCI Inc.
MSCI is a leading provider of investment decision support tools, we offer a range of products and services - including indices, portfolio risk and performance analytics, and governance tools - from a number of internationally recognized brands such as MSCI, Barra, RiskMetrics, CFRA, FEA and ISS.
For further information on MSCI, please visit our web site at www.msci.com
Analytics Client Consultants act as trusted advisors to our clients; it is via this platform that consultants take responsibility and ownership of the client relationship. Consultants look to develop deep linkages with our clients, and work hard to deliver service that is personalized, of high quality, and strongly valued. They aim at helping clients make best usage of our products in the context of their investment process and their business goals. Consultants are rewarded by client satisfaction that results in a high retention rate, opportunities to grow the relationship, a strong impact in the pre sales process as a product expert and most importantly as an industry expert that clients rely upon to get the most value out of MSCI products and services.
The individual will be responsible for supporting a suite of Risk Management Analytics products, with a strong focus on RiskMetrics analytics and services, sharing best practices, explaining complex analytics applied to multi asset class portfolios, recommending modeling best practices and partnering with the sales team to provide expertise in client engagements and pre-sales activities.
Successful candidates will have a thorough knowledge of market risk measurement and management, pricing and valuation of asset types, including equity, fixed income, commodities, and derivatives, highly quantitative skills, and an ability to guide institutional clients to better use our products to assess risks and make more informed investment decisions. The successful candidate must be adaptable, able to lead efforts by cross-functional teams to solve clients’ problems and must be able to represent MSCI at all levels of management at clients, including senior officers in the risk management and portfolio management functions, as well as traders, researches, and IT staff.
Client types span hedge funds, banks, insurance companies, asset owners and asset managers. The candidate will be responsible for a portfolio of client relationships in a client facing role suiting candidates who are keen to stay close to how companies make investment decisions and manage risk and then bring insights and best practices to those client organizations.
Employee performance assessment is primarily based on the pro-active services and ideas from the consultant to improve client experience, secure renewals and help grow client relationships with up-sales.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Manage the portfolio of clients’ renewal book, ensuring frequent client interaction to identify and mitigate retention risks
- Proactively engage with clients and provide Best Practices guidance on risk measurement and management
- Proactively engage with clients to keep them informed of our product roadmap with a view on how our development efforts will help them achieve their business goals; proactively solicit client feedback regarding future product development
- Work with other functional teams to ensure that all clients requests / inquiries are managed appropriately; own the client experience
- Present at workshops, seminars, and webinars
- Training and educating clients on the applications and underlying models and methodologies
- Identify opportunities to increase client usage of our products and identify new users. Work closely with the sales team on potential up-sell opportunities
- Frequent on-site client visits and interaction
- Very strong analytic and quantitative skills
- Superior communication and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects
- 5-10 years working experience in risk management or a quantitative function working closely with investment decision making teams, ideally with hedge funds, asset managers, banks, and/or broker dealers. Strong understanding of global financial markets, including modeling, and pricing of different asst types in the fixed income, equities, commodities, and credit markets and their derivatives
- A self starter and highly motivated; ability to work individually and within a team
- Relationship management experience with a proven record of accomplishment and experience in the financial services industry
- Someone who enjoys intellectual and analytical challenges
- Bachelor’s Degree required ideally from finance/engineering/mathematical background; Masters Degree in a quantitative science, i.e. Financial Engineering
- Professional qualifications ideally CFA charter holder, FRM (Financial Risk Manager)
- Experience with RiskMetrics models and software a plus *LI-SC1
MSCI - 21 months ago