- Job Summary
- “The Bachelor prepared RN is a nursing professional care provider under the direction of the director or designee who utilizes critical thinking skills to coordinate the nursing process, nursing standards and physicians orders to plan, provide and direct nursing practice. Accomplishment of nursing practice that includes practice elements as defined by the Kentucky Board of Nursing and in accordance with the Ephraim McDowell Health nursing professional practice model. Performance that accomplishes patient and family centered care as central to practice and a foundation of caring, compassion, competence, communication, collaboration and teamwork. Responsible to participate in shared nursing leadership to accomplish positive outcomes, education, respect, dignity and safety for the patient and their family. Accountable for leadership of self and others and functions as charge nurse when designated. Exhibits F.I.R.S.T. values (Friendliness, Innovation, Respect, Service and Trust).”
- Working Conditions, Hazards and Physical Effort
- Works in a well lighted, ventilated and air conditioned area. Often exposed to unpleasant odors, sights and sounds. Long periods of standing, walking, stooping heavy lifting and bending are required. Risks exposure to disease, infection and physical strain and assault. Risks exposure to blood, body fluids, tissue, radiation and antineoplastic agents. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. independently.
- Minimum Qualifications or Equivalents
- Education: Graduate of an accredited BSN nursing program. Basic Rhythm Course and EKG course within the first year of hire. Certification in PCCN or Med-Surg specialty preferred.
- Experience: None.
- Licenses, Certifications, and/or Registrations
- Current license as an RN in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Certification in Basic Life Support and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) within one year. Basic Rhythm Course and EKG course within the first year of hire. PCCN or Med-Surg specialty certification preferred.
Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center - 15 months ago