***TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW, PRINT OUT APPLICATION AND SEND IT TO:
COW CREEK GOVERNMENT OFFICE
ATTN: HUMAN RESOURCES
2371 NE STEPHENS, SUITE 100
ROSEBURG, OR 97470
The Registered Nurse/Certified Diabetes Educator is responsible for providing nursing care and advice on health care needs including helping patients by assessing diabetes risk, creating educational interventions and teaching patients to manage their self-care.
• Obtain preliminary health history and physical assessment of patients. Make appropriate referrals to other team members or provide necessary service.
• Screen and assess patients who are not physically present following telephone triage protocols. Determine the need to be seen and/or the urgency of the condition.
• Function under the established routines and medical protocols of the clinic. Promote continuity of care by establishing follow-up care or referrals to other healthcare providers.
• Provide education to patients and families regarding the management of medications, treatments, home care or discharge instructions, etc.
• Assists the provider in performing diagnostic and therapeutic measures including disbursement of medications, casting, suturing, wound debridement , dressing changes, etc.
• Knowledge and skill in operation of specialized medical equipment, such as AED, resuscitators , EKG machine, monitors, pulmonary function, etc.
• Provides and/or assists in the provision of emergency care. Implement first aid in an emergency according to emergency preparedness policies.
• Knowledge of pharmaceuticals, their desired effects and complications of their use.
• Apply basic time management and patient care coordination skills to effectively provide nursing and health care services.
• Participate in quality improvement activities.
• Utilize Electronic Health Record ( EHR ) medical records system through RPMS patient management system, in a competent manner, and provide team support for efficient functionality.
• Comply with all established policies and procedures including HIPAA .
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
• Knowledge of professional nursing standards, theories, and abilities, procedures and techniques used in acute and chronic disease care and education and have the ability to implement these within a clinical setting.
• Candidate must have the ability to maintain strict confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA and Privacy Act regulations.
• Proven ability to read, understand and apply program rules and regulations for State, Federal and Tribal assistance programs.
• Have good typing skills and be familiar with basic office procedures.
• Must demonstrate proven effective interpersonal communication skills.
• Must have in-depth knowledge of biology and social sciences and be skilled in communication and counseling.
• Must be competent in teaching the client about diabetes, nutrition, appropriate activity levels, glucose monitoring and medication if appropriate
Umpqua Indian Development Corporation - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard