Hill Crest Behavioral Health Services is the only
freestanding, full-service psychiatric hospital in the Birmingham
area. It draws on a rich tradition while staying on the cutting edge
of new developments in treating psychiatric illness and enhancing
mental health. We treat mental illness, emotional problems and adults
with chemical dependency.
Hill Crest BHS currently has a
RN/Unit Manager position available. The RN/Unit
Manager is responsible for ensuring the overall efficient
operation of the Nursing Department.
- Assures therapeutic and safe environment,
patient rights, and the nursing process.
- Staff personnel to ensure proper coverage
according to patient acuity and census. Utilizes overtime
- Completes daily staffing report each shift;
communicates appropriately with other supervisors and managers to
assure budget guidelines are maintained.
- Assists in the orientation, evaluation,
supervision and discipline of personnel under the direction of the
- Identifies problems of department concern and
brings them to the attention of the DON with potential
suggestions and solutions to the issue(s).
- Provides documentation necessary for employee
performance appraisals, supervisions, counseling, etc.
- He/She works directly with the new nurses to
ensure adequate unit orientation.
- Attends nursing department management
- Participates in development of policies and
procedures as requested and in chart audits as needed.
- Directs activities in emergency situations
including medical/psychiatric emergencies, fire, external and
internal disasters according to existing policy, job descriptions and
in conjunction with administration.
- Serves as a liaison with physicians to ensure
request/concerns are handled in a satisfactory manner; maintains a
good working relationship with all hospital staff.
- Interfaces with members of the community and
facilitates transmission of information.
- Graduate from an accredited school of
- ADN or BSN in Nursing.
- Current status as a RN in the state of
- Minimum of one year psychiatric or mental
- Management experience preferred.
Universal Health Services - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -