Florida Hospital Orlando seeks to hire a Cardiology Lab Registered Nurse who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Florida Hospital Orlando Facility Profile:
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,107-bed Florida Hospital Orlando, serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America. Florida Hospital Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country. We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year.
As a Cardiology Lab Registered Nurse , you will make providing service your priority while caring for the whole person in a faith-based atmosphere.
The RN is a registered professional nurse who is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities to identified age specific groups. Utilizing the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the cardiovascular department. Adheres to the Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge Skills, Education & Experience Required:
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- Demonstrates ability to communicate by reading, writing legibly, speaking and comprehending English effectively in order to carry out job requirements .
- Basic Life Support
- Advanced life support certification (ACLS, PALS, NRP) per specialty/unit requirements (not required for cc0530).
- Certification in venipuncture and IV insertion within 90 days of hire per specialty/unit requirements.
- ACLS, PALS, NRP (based on patient population) - for units not requiring certification (preferred)
- 12 Lead ECG training (preferred)
- Computer knowledge and skills (preferred)
- Graduate of a school of nursing.
- Cost Center 7170 : One year or more of nursing experience working with the cardiac inpatient, to include recovery phase of open heart surgery and/or cath lab intervention procedures
- Cost Centers 6280 & 7190: Minimum of one year critical care or PACU experience
- Cost Center 0530: Minimum of two years Cardiology or Critical Care Experience
- Bachelor's degree in nursing (preferred)
- Minimum of one year, PCU, Critical care or PACU experience (preferred)
- Minimum of one year nursing experience caring for the cardiac inpatient (preferred)
- Cath Lab or CV Surgical Experience (preferred)
- Cost Center 0530: Previous Research Experience (preferred)
- Current registration with Florida State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse.
- Cost Center 0530: Venipuncture certification within 3 month of hire
- Specialty Certification as defined by individual cost center (preferred)
Demonstrates, through behavior, Florida Hospital's core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork
Call to Action
- Performs properly and legibly documents and reports all procedures and assessments in accordance with department policy. Annually meets all department specific competencies.
- Practices autonomously in accordance with professional nursing standards. Demonstrates the ability to assess, interpret, and report diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition. Completes all follow-up assessments and evaluations. Identifies the need for patient teaching and utilizes each opportunity for teaching on a planned or spontaneous basis.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform all aspects of clinical patient care. Serves in a leadership role in collaborating and coordinating patient care activities among the interdisciplinary patient care team. Able to assess and interpret diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition. Identifies needs and develops/modifies plan of care. Interprets and verifies physician orders correctly. Evaluates patients' developmental level, identifies increased physical/emotional dependency needs and evaluates availability of support system consistent with the age of the patient served.
- Follows CDC isolation guidelines, demonstrates appropriate use of PPE, performs hand washing according to policy. Demonstrates awareness of hazards which may endanger patients. Ensures adherence to regulatory standards and enforces safety regulations
- Interprets and verifies physician orders correctly. Investigates questionable situations. Performs treatments and administers medications according to policy and procedure. Functions appropriately in clinical emergencies. Evaluates effectiveness of interventions and medications.
- Responsible and accountable for participation in quality and performance improvement activities with the goal to improve patient outcomes. Utilizes literature, research and evidence based practice to improve patient care and nursing practice. Demonstrates accurate documentation and monitoring of activities as needed. Participates in unit/service line budgeting processes to ensure a cost effective, quality focused environment. Supports quality standards and initiatives set by the department
- Exhibits desire to learn and upgrade nursing skills. Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department or unit. Supervises other health care team members in the clinical setting. Utilizes knowledge base to assist with orientation, training, and education of new personnel.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Cardiology Lab Registered Nurse opportunity with Florida Hospital Orlando and apply online today.
Florida Hospital - 23 months ago
Florida Hospital is an acute-care, not-for-profit health care organization, with eight distinct campus locations in a fast-growing,...