Gateways Hospital and Mental Health Center offers services under contract with the Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health. As many as 28 adolescent beds and 27 adult beds are available. The hospital is accredited and licensed to provide an intensive therapy program for adults and adolescents in need of acute psychiatric evaluation, diagnosis, stabilization and treatment. The staff can further provide assistance with placement referrals, when indicated for hospitalized patients.
The clinical staff constitutes a multi-disciplinary treatment team. Structured individualized programs are available to meet the needs of each patient requiring mental health or dual diagnosis services.
Among the services provided to inpatients are:
- One-on-one counseling
- Group therapy sessions
- Recreational and cultural activities and socialization
- Round-the-clock nursing care including medication monitoring
- Special education programs for adolescents
Design, implement and evaluate programs based on assessment findings that meet the learning needs of the staff, health needs of the consumer, and goals of the department.
Minimum Licensure Required/ Minimum Education Required
Minimum Experience Required
- Current licensure by the California State Board of Nursing.
- Associates Degree
- Knowledge of behavior modification approach
- Experience with involuntary patients
- Experience with the Nonviolence Crisis Intervention, seclusion and restraints, or Management of Assaultive Behavior
- One year experience as Registered Nurse