Hill Crest Behavioral Health Services is the only
freestanding, full-service psychiatric hospital in the Birmingham
area. It draws on a rich tradition while staying on the cutting edge
of new developments in treating psychiatric illness and enhancing
mental health. We treat mental illness, emotional problems and adults
with chemical dependency.
Hill Crest BHS currently has a Registered Nurse (RN)
position available. This person will be responsible for the assisting
with the overall management of the milieu. They also must be able to
provide care based on physical, psychological, social, educational,
safety and related criteria appropriate to the age of the patients
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Provides general nursing care as required.
- Documentation reflects nursing process: assessment,
intervention, and evaluation of interventions.
- Assists in developing measurable goals on the Master
Treatment Plan that are mutually set with the treatment team and
- Modifies nursing component of the MTP as required by changing
patient needs as determined by evaluation of care administered and
established standards of care.
- Provides a safe, therapeutic environment that protects
patients' rights through limit setting.
- Serves as a role model for patients and staff; develops a
therapeutic relationship with assigned patients.
- Established contact with the patients physician, social
worker and program managers in order to assist in planning the
- Admits discharges and transfers patients based on physician
orders and per P&P.
- Makes discharge plans for each patient in collaboration with
the treatment team.
- Interviews patients and family on admission and produces
written Nursing Assessment and critical plan (MTP); assists other
treatment team members and patient in developing measurable treatment
- Carries out and documents patient/family education and D/C
planning per P&P.
- Observes patient behavior for changes in order to intervene
therapeutically. Records changes and communicates changes to
- Safely prepares, administers, and monitors and documents
results of medication.
- Assists with procedures and physical exams.
- Reviews medical record, checks physician orders, and records
- Participates in committee activities as required or requested
by director or unit manager.
- Demonstrates awareness and follows program policies to
include contraband and sharps, search policy, and understands the
significance of enforcing policies to promote a safe and drug-free
- Graduation from an accredited school of
- ADN or BSN in Nursing.
- Current status as a RN in the state of
- Prefer one year (minimum) experience in
psychiatric patient care or similar setting.
- Demonstrates knowledge of appropriate nursing
assessment, diagnoses and interventions with patients.
- Ability to direct subordinates in the
performance of their duties.
- Skill in preparing and maintaining appropriate
medical record documentation.
Universal Health Services - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard