We are St. Margaret's - a unique long-term care facility with a low staff to resident ratio. Our residents live in a caring home-like environment fostered by a dynamic nursing and support staff that truly make a difference each and every day.
The RN Educator is responsible for the coordination and presentation of staff development programs for the Nursing department. In addition, the Nursing Educator provides for annual mandatory in-services and divisional orientation for all facility employees.
This position requires the ability to work independently, prioritize and implement task plans in a timely manner as well as maintaining positive relationships with staff while accomplishing required tasks. This position also requires broad based operational knowledge of Nursing Practice and Assessment skills as well as extensive knowledge of human behavior/development, developmental disabilities, and long term care. Flexible scheduling is a must as this position will require monthly evening/off hour orientations to be conducted.
- Minimum requirements: NYS RN license required. At least 5 year (s) of related experience specifically in: Pediatrics or skilled nursing and 2 year (s) in a management position, preferably one requiring staff development. BSN or equivalent preferred.
In addition to competitive compensation programs, the Center offers the following benefits:
- Low-cost health insurance for individuals, with significant contributions towards two-person and family coverage.
- Free life insurance.
- Free long-term disability insurance.
- Low-cost dental insurance.
- Generous paid time off.
- Generous 401(k) retirement program with a company contribution and match.
- Tuition assistance.
- Free Employee Assistant Program.
- Supplemental, voluntary insurance options including: disability, life (self, spouse, children), accident, cancer, home, and auto.
HEALTHeCAREERS Network - 30+ days ago