SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
1. Accurately performs and documents initial and shift nursing assessments.
2. Plans treatment in conjunction with other treatment team members. Initiates treatment plans at admission and assures timely review and revision.
3. Provides direct physical patient care. Assumes responsibility for obtaining necessary staff education and demonstration of competency prior to performing tasks not routinely done.
4. Provides behavioral health care interventions utilizing the least restrictive interventions.
5. Administers medications using the 5 rights of medication administration and according to hospital policy. Uses the Pyxis and e-Mar systems according to policy.
6. Provides and documents patient/family education and serves as facilitator for community meetings and educational/focus groups.
7. Provides for the safety of patients, visitors and staff . Assures all routine and special safety checks are completed accurately.
8. Actively participates in quality management activities including facilitating corrective action for operational, staff or quality concern situations requiring immediate attention and/or timely reporting of same.
9. Assumes responsibility for completing all mandatory educational, PPD, CPR, CPI and RN licensure requirements within designated time frame and for providing written verification of same for filing.
10. Uses the meditech order entry system for all functions utilized in Tucker Pavilion including, but not limited to, entering admission data, transfers, discharges, orders for diagnostic testing, accessing results of diagnostic testing and sending messages to other departments. Routinely accesses e-mail to read messages.
11. Demonstrates knowledge of, and follows policy/procedure, for all hospital patient safety, quality initiatives and core measures.* Supports the Mission, Vision, and Values of the organization.
Successful completion of acute care nursing clinical experience and/or actual RN work experience. Successful completion of hospital administered pharmacology test prior to hire.
Prior successful RN work experience in an acute care behavioral health facility.
Graduate from an accredited, professional, School of Nursing
Licensed, or eligible for licensure, in the state of Virginia, as a Registered Nurse (RN)
HCA Inc - 9 months ago
copy to clipboard
As one of the largest facilities in the nation’s largest hospital system (HCA), Chippenham Hospital provides the full scope of...