- Responsible for providing patient/family care in consultation with Interdisciplinary Team members in accordance with Federal/State Hospice Regulation
- Coordinates and develops care plan with IDT: social workers, chaplains and volunteers, CNA's, and other ancillary services. Reviews/evaluates patients in light of Local Medical Review Policies
- Educates patient, family and community regarding hospice philosophy and palliative treatments
- Provides for appropriate ordering and delivery of medical equipment, pharmaceuticals, and medical supplies
- Provides timely and accurate electronic medical documentation
- An average caseload is 15 patients, making 5-7 intermittent visits throughout the day
- Hours of work are generally M-F 8am – 5pm with a weekend shift rotating schedule of Sat or Sun 8am – 5pm and occasional overtime
- 3+ years nursing experience
- 1 year recent experience in Public Health, Oncology, Acute Care, Home Health or Hospice.
- Hospice or home health experience preferred
- Strong computer skills with experience charting in an electronic medical record highly preferred
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to effectively build relationships with patients, families, staff and other medical partners
- Must be comfortable visiting patients in residential settings in a variety of neighborhoods
- Must have valid driver's license, reliable transportation and minimum liability insurance in order to drive to patients homes. Mileage is reimbursed.
The Denver Hospice - 22 months ago