Under direction, provides professional nursing care for adult clinic patients following Iowa Heart Center’s (IHC) established standards and practices.
- Performs general and cardiac nursing care to patients. Administers prescribed procedures, medications, and treatments in accordance with nursing standards.
- Conducts and assesses medical and interval history interviews with patients.
- Provides patient and family education and documents in medical record.
- Performs phone triage, assesses and communicates needs to physician as needed.
- Acts as problem solver as it relates to patient, family, physician issues according to protocol.
- Reads and researches patient records, charts and Practice Manager system for other pertinent information. May dictate history and physical, consults and other professional related letters.
- Reviews and reports pertinent test(s) and outside examination results, scrutinizes for needed follow-up; communicates to Physician.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional certifications.
- Maintains practice standards in regard to Quality Improvement and OSHA
- Performs various procedures and tests according to department guidelines.
- Schedules admissions and outpatient procedures, and obtains consents.
- Responsible for meeting all IHC RN competencies.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Current licensure as R.N., state of Iowa or compact state.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for the Healthcare Provider certified or obtained by the end of the orientation period (approximately six (6) weeks).
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter Dependent Adult Abuse training within three (3) months of hire.
- Three years of RN nursing experience required. Two years of critical care experience or clinical cardiac equivalent experience required.
Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.
Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times.
Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines.
Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members.
Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Clinic & Medical Office
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period
Catholic Health Initiatives - 18 months ago
For Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI), returning sick people to good health is more than a business -- it's a mission. Formed in 1996...