Under general supervision & in collaboration w/ other members of the health care team, uses clinical judgment skills to diagnose & treat human responses to actual or potential health problems. The RN is responsible for assessing, planning, directing, providing & evaluation nursing care for patients & coordinating nurses care activities w/ other health care disciplines.
• Performs accurate multi-system assessments, including; biophysical, psychosocial, environmental, self-care, education needs & discharge planning needs.
• Identifies deviations from normal on routine lab diagnostic tests.
• Reassesses patient throughout hospitalization.
• Performs complete discharge assessment.
• Develops an individual nursing plan of care. Nursing plan of care is sensitive to the developmental needs of the patient.
• Coordinates patient care activities & discharge planning w/ other hospital & clinic departments & community agencies.
• Develops patient teaching plan & documents on care plan or teaching plan.
• Appropriately delegates patient care activities based on patient's condition & scope of practice of other health care providers.
• Established priories for patient care.
• Classifies acuity level of assigned patients.
• Initiates appropriate measures based on protocol for the management of the medical and/or surgical patient.
• Bases nursing care on protocol in place for management of each patient.
• Correctly carries out the physician's plan of care.
• Accurately documents in the EMR.
• Documents care according to policy & procedure.
• Utilizes a multidisciplinary approach when appropriate.
• Performs all necessary procedures correctly.
• Utilizes available teaching plans in addressing patient teaching needs.
• Accurately calculates & administers medications.
• Initiates appropriate measures in emergency situations.
• Evaluates assessment methods, plan of care, & patient's response to treatment.
• Participates in unit quality assurance activities.
• Perform medical screening exams for obstetrical patients.
• Provide telephone advice for the obstetrical patient.
• Perform assessment & management of obstetrical patient.
• Initiate neonatal resuscitation.
• Provide newborn assessment & care.
• Circulate for obstetrical operative procedures.
• Recover postoperative patients.
• Provide postpartum assessment/management & breastfeeding support.
• Perform assessment & management of gynecological medical/surgical patient.
• Knowledge to support gyn teaching & post-operative bladder training.
• Assist w/ circumcisions.
• Knowledge to support maternal-newborn teaching.
• Nine (9) months of experience in last twelve (12) months.
• One (1) year of labor and delivery experience within the last three (3) years.
• One (1) year of postpartum experience within the last three (3) years.
• Will consider cross-training to postpartum with one (1) year of labor and delivery experience within the last twelve (12) months.
• Three (3) years of labor and delivery experience, preferred.
• Three (3) years of postpartum experience, preferred.
• One (1) year of medical/surgical nursing experience, preferred.
• Previous health care experience, preferred.
• Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
• Bachelor's degree in Nursing or related field, preferred.
• Current Oregon RN License upon hire.
• Current Washington RN License upon hire.
• American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers CPR with AED.
• NRP certification at time of hire/transfer.
• ACLS within 4 months of hire/transfer.
• STABLE, preferred.
• Electronic fetal monitoring.
• IV Skills.
• High risk medication administration (Magnesium/Oxytocin/Insulin).
• Limited OB ultrasound certification.
• Urine Point of Care testing.
• Capillary blood glucose testing.
• Cardiac monitoring.
• Newborn monitors including pulse oximetry.
• Heel sticks/venipuncture on newborn.
• Radiant warmers.
• Computer keyboarding skills.
Salary Range: $32.45 - $46.67
Kaiser Permanente - 17 months ago
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...