Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Owatonna Hospital, located in Owatonna, Minn., approximately 60 miles south of Minneapolis, provides a full range of inpatient and outpatient services to approximately 35,000 inpatients and outpatients annually. It has 340 employees and 36 staffed beds. More than 52 active Owatonna Clinic-Mayo Health System physicians and consulting physician specialists work hand-in-hand with hospital-based physicians to provide a continuity of compassionate care for all patients.
- Provides skilled nursing care, health teaching, counseling, and referral of patients, utilizes the nursing process skills of assessment, planning, implementing, and evaluation for individuals from newborn to geriatric
- Provide comprehensive care of critically ill patients of all ages with single and multiple system failure
- Patients include those experience complex cardiac diseases, pulmonary, renal, neurovascular, and orthopedic problems, including post-surgical who required advanced medical, nursing, or respiratory care
- Close observation, telemetry monitoring and advanced technological services are offered per policy and procedure
- Minimum associate's degree as a registered nurse
- Prefer med-surg experience but will accept a new graduate
- Registered Nurse by Minnesota State Board of Nursing
- Pears (or within 6 months)
- Medical terminology
- Medical-surgical nursing skills
- Basic computer skills
- Clinical competence necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient population served
- This includes knowledge of growth and development over the lifespan, assessment, and interpretation of the patient's status, identifying patient requirements relative to age/development and providing care as described in policies and procedures
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
RN hires with less than 1 year of RN experience must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing (American Association of Colleges of Nursing or The National League for Nursing) which is inclusive of a clinical rotation in an acute care facility.
- Part time position
- 24 hours/week
- Night shift
- 11 PM - 7AM
- Every other weekend
- MNA contract
Owatonna, located 45 minutes from Rochester and the Metropolitan area of Minneapolis/St. Paul, is ranked as the #2 small town in America with excellent schools, pleasant neighborhoods, and a variety of recreational activities. The Kaplan Woods Parkway offers 225 acres for hiking, biking, jogging, swimming, fishing and canoeing. The Owatonna Arts Center, Little Theatre of Owatonna and the Sculpture Garden are available if your love is music and the arts. Owatonna is home to more than 40 industrial firms. There are both public and private schools plus post-secondary and higher education programs. Owatonna provides the best of both worlds; a supportive and safe environment, affordable cost of living, outstanding school system, and easy access to all the amenities of big cities.
Community Resource Links:
- Located 45 minutes from Rochester, Mankato and the Minneapolis/St. Paul Metro Area
- Population = 25,000
- Service Area = 60,000
Community Information School Digger
Explore Minnesota MN Dept of Education
Minneapolis St. Paul Magazine St. Paul Pioneer Press
Twin Cities Living Magazine Star Tribune
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA
Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees,...