RN - NICU - Nights
United States-Alaska-Anchorage-Alaska Regional Hospital
The NICU RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Cares for infants transitioning to extra uterine life.
- Assesses, plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Provides nutritional assessment and care to the infant.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, monitors vital signs.
- Assists physician during examination, treatment and procedures.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Current licensure as an RN.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider and NRP.
- 2+ Years previous NICU RN experience strongly preferred, women's services experience required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
For more than 45 years Alaska Regional has been fulfilling the medical needs of Alaskans, continually improving the scope of services and...