Our 657 bed hospital is both nationally and locally recognized, including being named as one of the nation's Top 100 Hospitals in the areas of cardiology, stroke, orthopaedics and breast cancer management. As a result of the continued advances in quality care, many improvements in all areas of healthcare have been made and thousands of lives have been significantly impacted. This position will play a key part in continuing our success!
The scope of the Neuro ICU is to provide immediate, post-operative care for patients following neurosurgery, care of acute moderate to severe head trauma, acute intracerebral (brain) hemorrhages as well as a range of other conditions.
Other diagnoses commonly seen in neurosciences include:
- brain injury and neuro trauma
- brain and pituitary tumors
- spinal surgery patients
- ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke
- motor neuron disease
- meningitis / encephalitis
- hydrocephalus and shunting procedures.
- unconscious, quadriplegic and paraplegic patients, as well as, confused and restless patients, and patients at high risk for falls.
- Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment, and care of patients appropriate to the ages of patients served as per Scope of Service.
- Promotes customer service initiatives.
- Utilizes nursing process for individual care to meet needs of patients.
- Demonstrates ability to perform technical skills and procedures.
- Documents all patient care.
- Registered Nurse from accredited school of nursing
- Current Licensure with Tennessee Board of Nursing
- Current BLS
- Current ACLS
- CCRN or CNRN preferred
- At least 1 year of critical care experience
HCA Inc - 18 months ago