To administer, analyze and appraise the care given to patients within designated Nursing Unit. To advise hospital management regarding the status of patient care, budgetary projections, quality improvement processes. To anticipate and estimate future needs of the department to improve quality of patient care. Function as a resource person for staff members and assists in necessary education of individual members of nursing staff with a focus on promoting clinical competence. To collaborate and coordinate the efforts of the staff of the department to accomplish the mission of The Woman's Hospital of Texas.
1. Develops and administers services as necessary to include nursing care.
2. Promotes a multidisciplinary coordination of services, such as nursing, medical, respiratory care, laboratory pharmaceutical and public relations.
3. Participates in budgetary formulation and control for areas of responsibility in collaboration with the Nurse Director.
4. Administer and appraise Process Improvement within the services provided.
5. Control processes related to Human Resources; inclusive of hiring, evaluating, terminating, counseling, coaching, and development of staff.
6. Directs and approve the practice of professional nursing and support positions with the services provided to maintain quality patient care through implementation and evaluation of clinical practice standards.
7. Develop, interpret, inspect and review policies and procedures within the services provided.
8. Responsible for twenty-four hour coverage and problem resolution to the services provided.
9. Other duties as assigned.
MUST HAVE Unit specific experience; Minimum of three (3) years of clinical practice with emphasis on leadership and management experience REQUIRED.
IN NURSING REQUIRED
Current RN license in Texas
BCLScertified THROUGH AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION REQUIRED, NRP, S.T.A.B.L.E.
Medication Learning Module,
ACLS, Certification in specialty area
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
Read and write basic English; ability to move in excess of 50 pounds with assistance from staff; knowledge of Standard Precautions; ability to listen, empathize, and respond to patients, families, internal and external partners, managerial and employee needs; basic computer and typing skills.
HCA Inc - 13 months ago
copy to clipboard