Job Summary: As a Charge RN, provides direct and indirect patient care. Communicates with physicians/director/charge nurse/co-workers, as appropriate about changes in patient's clinical condition including results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Makes patient care assignments based on the skill, experience, and temperament of other nursing personnel and on the acuity of the patients, ensuring patient, staff safety, assist in the evaluation of performance and skills of Agency/Temporary staff as well as permanent critical care staff. Responsibly directs and precepts staff members as needed/assigned in all aspects of critical care management. Participates in quality and process improvement in the department during all phases from planning to implementing and sustaining efforts.
· Current RN licensure in the State of Florida from an accredited school of nursing
· Surgical experience three (3) years required.
· Basic computer knowledge
· Current BLS certification required.
· ACLS certification required.
· For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising patient care.
IASIS Healthcare - 17 months ago