The Staff RN assigned to the Operating Room:
1. Cares for infants, children, adolescents, adults, and geriatrics.
2. Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for assigned patients.
3. Responsible for meeting the Standards of Practice for Operating Room Area and managing all assigned personnel, supplies, and equipment.
4. Participates in activities to plan, measure, assess, and improve the quality of patient care.
5. Circulates or scrubs for a variety of surgical specialty cases.
6. Administers medications as ordered by the physician.
7. Collaborates with physicians, nurses, and other clinical disciplines in making decisions regarding each patient's care needs.
8. Works with professional and nonprofessional employees of the hospital, with physicians, patients and their families.
9. Works closely with nursing students and instructors.
10. Actively participated in departmental and house wide performance improvement activities.
11. Participates in Core Measures initiative and assists in data collection as directed by Management.
In addition to the above duties, the CVOR RN will also complete an Orientation specific to the CVOR team and will master the competencies that are required in that specific areas. These requirements will be in addition to the ones required above for the Staff RN - OR.
a. Current Texas licensure with State Board of Nurse Examiners
b. One (1) year experience scrubbing/circulating OR Cases
c. For CVOR - Two (2) years general OR experience
d. If GN - accepted into the Internship Program as offered.
e. Current CPR certification.
f. CNOR/ACLS preferred.
g. General Staff OR RN: Demonstrated current clinical competence as outlined in the appropriate orientation checklist.
h. CVOR RN: Complete General Staff OR orientation/competencies in addition to CVOR competencies/CVOR orientation
i. Medication Test score of 8O% or better.
j. Maintains current clinical competence.
1. Annual Skills Checklist
k. Demonstrated knowledge of surgical aseptic technique.
l. Maintains knowledge of all patient care equipment
m. Knowledge of AORN Standards and Recommended Practices.
n. Laser Certification preferred
Welcome to Conroe Regional Medical Center, where high-quality care meets the comfort and convenience of a hospital close to home. We have...