The Woman’s Hospital of Texas
JOB DESCRIPTION –
Will float to Nursery
1-2 yrs Med Surg, PPU or L&D Experience
1. Under the supervision of the Charge Nurse and/or Nurse Manager, responsible and accountable for individual nursing practice and, when applicable, appropriately delegates and supervises tasks to provide optimum patient care.
2. Fulfills the duty and responsibility to maintain competence and to continue personal and professional growth.
3. Participates in establishing, maintaining, and improving patient’s health care goals through patient assessment, planning and implementation of nursing interventions and evaluation of patient outcomes.
4. Identifies and assists with opportunities for performance improvement activities on the unit and with other service areas.
5. Accurately and completely documents all aspects of care given.
6. Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by taking ownership of time management, decreasing waste (of time and supplies) and promoting cost effectiveness.
7. Demonstrates the ability to be an advocate for and strive to protect the health, safety and rights of the patient.
8. Interactions with patients and colleagues demonstrate compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth, and uniqueness of every individual, unrestricted by considerations of social or economic status or cultural beliefs.
9. Communicate effectively with other care providers (physicians, nurses, business office, and medical records) to provide for continuity of patient care and to meet the needs of the customers we serve.
10. Demonstrates ability to fulfill requirements of attendance, punctuality, and timekeeping practices.
11. Behaviors and interactions demonstrate a positive attitude, personal initiative and motivation to achieve the goals of the unit.
12. To uphold the standards of the profession and organization and practice ethically and with integrity.
13. Other duties as assigned
: Charge Nurse, Nurse Manager, Director
Associates Degree, Diploma in Nursing or BSN
Current RN license in Texas, BCLS certified, Medication Learning Module
ACLS, Certification in specialty area
Unit specific clinical experience preferred
Genuine Customer Service, Time Management Skills
, those resumes
will not be considered
We thank all applicants for their interest; however we cannot accept telephone calls regarding this position. All recruiting activities are managed via our Recruitment Management System and you must apply via this posting to be considered for this opportunity.
**Due to heavy intake of resumes, only those candidates meeting the above qualifications will be contacted. **
HCA Inc - 16 months ago