PRINCIPLE JOB VALUES
· Communication, Managing Work, Stress Tolerance, Quality Orientation, Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills
PRINCIPAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Directs and supervises licensed and unlicensed personnel in performance of their duties
· Utilizes the nursing process in the delivery and supervision of patient care
· Assesses the patients for psychosocial and educational needs
· Develops a treatment plan addressing the psychosocial and educational needs of the patient, and revises the plan as needed
· Communicates with physicians and other team members regarding progress and needs of patients
· Intervenes with patients as guided by the treatment plan or clinical judgment
· Collaborates with team members in development and implementation of milieu activities
· Educates patients in medications, illness and other health needs
· Administers and documents medications
· Evaluates and documents patient responses
· Participates in team meetings and Quality Improvement activities
· Must be able to demonstrate competence on use of SAMA and other restraint and seclusion techniques
· Performs assessment, screening, and interventions regarding pain management
· Follows through with tasks/problems and gives feedback as needed.
· Contributes to the learning of new employees, students and other personnel.
· Adheres to hospital polices and procedures and regulatory requirements
· Demonstrate an understanding of and adherence to the Code of Conduct
· Conduct reflects the Company’s values and a commitment to the Code of Conduct
· Performs other duties as requested or required
Graduate of an accredited school of Professional Nursing. Current licensure as a Registered Nurse with the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas. Current CPR and SAMA certification is required or to be obtained during orientation. Experience or education with a focus on crisis stabilization, age specific needs, and/or knowledge of chronic mental illness and chemical dependency is preferred. Strong communication skills in both oral and written format recommended. Typing strongly preferred with a minimum of 20 words per minute. Must be flexible and service oriented.