Come explore the exciting opportunity to contribute within a growing organization! Pathways Home Health & Hospice is celebrating over 35 years of service in the Greater Bay Area and has an immediate opening. We are currently accepting applications for a dedicated Hospice Evenings Admissions Visit Nurse.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
This position is responsible for the evaluation and admittance of patients to Hospice and for documenting observations and interventions related to the patient’s environment. He or she will coordinate care with the identified primary Case Manager and Patient Care Manager as appropriate. The ideal candidate will assure that all applicable services are ordered, explained, and offered. The work day for this position varies depending on need, it can start anytime from 9am to 11:30am. This individual also performs other duties as assigned consistent with skills and training for this position in alignment with the goals and mission of Pathways Home Health & Hospice.
The work day for this position varies depending on need; it can start anytime from 9am to 11:30am.
- California RN license required: PHN preferred.
- Minimum of one-year experience as a professional nurse in acute/ sub-acute setting within the last three years .
- Hospice or Home Health experience is preferred .
- Experience in a Skilled Nursing Facility or Residential Care Facility for the Elderly is a plus.
- Graduate of an NLN accredited nursing school.
- Must be highly motivated, self-directed, flexible, and able to work well and participate in a multidisciplinary team setting.
- Current CPR certification.
- Current California driver’s license and automobile insurance with minimum Bodily Injury Liability Insurance coverage per agency policy
Pathways - 21 months ago