As a Care Coordinator within the Surgery Clinic you will provide a deliberate patient and family centered partnership with the healthcare team that facilitates a seamless patient experience between the Inpatient and Outpatient settings. The Care Coordinator works to maximize the patient’s health outcomes and the patient experience by identifying patient and family needs, completing pre-visit planning, supporting the clinic visit and providing closure to the clinic visits. Works to develop and support a coordinated plan of care between visits to promote a smooth transition for patients and family across the healthcare continuum that instills a sense of trust and patient advocacy. This position will work with the Bariatric patient population. This position will be located on the UofM East Bank Campus.
In order to qualify for this role you must possess:
- Minnesota RN Licensure
- 3-5 years of clinical nursing experience, preferably within Bariatric patient population group. Proven ability to function at highest level within scope of practice. Patient education and care coordination skills
- Excellent assessment and care coordination skills. Proven experience with an EMR system
We offer competitive salary and benefits and provide you with the opportunity to enhance your career through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement. EEO/AA
- BSN or MSN
- Previous experience working with Bariatric patients.
- Patient advocacy experience. Patient population specific certification. Previous inpatient care experience Previous experience providing patient and family centered care and care coordination across the healthcare continuum
- Ability to work in multiple computer systems
- Keyboarding/computer skills