For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm) UnitedHealthcare Community & State has an immediate need for RN Case Managers to make home visits and conduct assessments on patients throughout the island of Oahu (mainly West Central area of the island but will include other locations). |
Responsibilities for Case Managers include:
- Making outbound calls and home visits to assess members' current health status
- Identifying gaps or barriers in treatment plans
- Providing patient education to assist with self management
- Interacting with Medical Directors on challenging cases
- Coordinating care for members
- Making referrals to outside sources
- Coordinating services as needed (home health, DME, etc.)
- Educating members on disease processes
- Encouraging members to make healthy lifestyle changes
- Documenting and tracking findings
- Utilizing Milliman criteria to determine if patients are in the correct hospital setting
- Making welcome home calls to ensure that discharged member receive the necessary services and resources
- Current, unrestricted RN license in the State of Hawaii
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a hospital setting, acute care, direct care experience or experience as a telephonic Case Manager for an insurance company
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel, including the ability to navigate a Windows environment
- Current, unrestricted Driver's License; reliable transportation; and proof of automobile insurance
- Experience in a community-based setting, such as Hospice or Home Health
UnitedHealthcare Community & State is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
- Bachelor's Degree
- A background in managed care
- Case Management experience
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Experience/exposure with discharge planning
- Experience in utilization review, concurrent review and/or risk management
If you're ready to help make health care work better for more people, you can make a historic impact on the future of health care at UnitedHealthcare Community & State.
We contract with states and other government agencies to provide care for over two million individuals. Working with physicians and other care providers, we ensure that our members obtain the care they need with a coordinated approach.
This enables us to break down barriers, which makes health care easier for our customers to manage. That takes a lot of time. It takes a lot of good ideas. Most of all - it takes an entire team of talent. Individuals with the tenacity and the dedication to make things work better for millions of people all over our country.
You can be a part of this team. You can put your skills and talents to work in an effort that is seriously shaping the way health care services are delivered.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
UnitedHealth Group - 18 months ago
When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours.
We have modest goals: Improve the lives of...