This position is primarily responsible for delivery and coordination of resident care. The Charge Nurse assesses the physical, psychological and social dimensions of residents’ well-being upon admission and throughout the residents’ stay on the Health Care Center. The Charge Nurse conducts walking/planning rounds with other Nursing staff members and updates Plan of Care as needed. In addition, the Charge Nurses administers medications, interventions, and delivers hands-on care as needed, based on physician orders. Supervisory duties include supervising unit Certified Nurse Aides as well as acting as the shift supervisor for the Health Care Center when needed.
1. Must have current RN licensure in the Commonwealth of Virginia or Compact State.
2. Must be a graduate of an accredited RN Program.
3. Active CPR certification upon hire preferred.
4. Previous experience working in a long term care setting required; three years’ experience preferred.
5. Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with residents, staff and family members.
6. Basic computer skills preferred.
7. Excellent ability to read, write, speak and comprehend the English language.
Goodwin House is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Goodwin House - 2 years ago