Denton Regional Medical Center is a 208 bed, full service hospital that serves the growing population of Denton, Wise, Cooke and Montague Counties. Offering a full-spectrum of healthcare services, including advanced open-heart surgery and trauma programs, Denton Regional's more than 850 employees and 300 physicians are constantly striving to offer the highest quality service to the North Texas area. At Denton Regional Medical Center we feel that customer service is an important part of every person's job and strive to enhance community health through our service with compassion, excellence and efficiency.
The RN Childbirth Educator is responsible for teaching Prepared Childbirth Education classes as well as inpatient Post Partum classes.
The Educator w
ill be responsible for contacting discharged moms to follow-up on infants condition at home.
urriculum will include maternal response to pregnancy, normal fetal development, aspects of labor & delivery, relaxation techniques, pain management, overview of normal newborn, post partum changes, infant CPR.
The RN Childbirth Educator w
ill assist with identifying community resources for new parents.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Current licensure as an RN.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider required.
- Specialty certification required.
- Minimum of 3 years experience.
- Professional Nursing Organization Membership preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing Preferred.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
HCA Inc - 17 months ago