RN Clinical Education Specialist - Banner Baywood Medical Center
PCU and Med/Surg
The Banner Health Clinical Education department provides educational support for Banner Health to enhance patient outcomes and the clinical proficiency of staff. This position covers the following units: 7th Floor Progressive Care and 6th Floor Med/Surg.
Masters preferred, CCRN or PCCN certification preferred
Recent progressive care or intensive care experience
Experience helping to orient new staff (ie. as preceptor)
Experience doing staff development ( mentoring, teaching)
Excellent oral & written communication, group collaboration, & presentation skills
Ability to attend to details and be organized
Understanding of adult learning principles
About Banner Health Corporate
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. With locations in Phoenix, Mesa and Sun City, Ariz. and Greeley, Colo., we offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you’ll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
About Banner Health
Banner Health was selected as one of the Top Leadership Teams in Healthcare by Health Leaders Media, is one of the Top 100 Integrated Healthcare Networks in the nation according to SDI, and voted as one of the “ Best Places to Work ” in the Phoenix metro area by the Phoenix Business Journal. We encouraged you to read more information about Banner Health. We recommend the following options:
- Why Banner Health?
- Banner Health Benefits
- Banner Health Careers
This position enhances professional practice through planning, developing and conducting education, development and education and training for nursing and other key clinical services staff. Evaluates effectiveness of programs and provides guidance to staff and key leaders based on results. Facilitates assessment and identification of ongoing learning needs for staff development programs. Designs and delivers programs that support the organization’s mission, vision, values and strategic goals implemented using the organization’s framework for professional nursing practice and development and the American Nurses Association scope and standards of practice for nursing professional development. Supports eWeb technology and other e-learning applications.
- Assures seamless orientation of new and/or transferring clinical staff with oversight and influence of the orientation experience. Supports and develops staff including preceptors, new graduates and experienced nurses while acting as a role model for proficient clinical practice, patient safety and evidence-based practice. Supports an environment and infrastructure that promotes professional growth and advanced skills.
- Develops and implements strategic workforce learning and development services to support the achievement of workforce goals, quality initiatives and clinical practice. Critically assesses, plans, develops and delivers clinical curriculum, developmental programs and services. Facilitate learning utilizing multiple modalities.
- Coordinates and facilitates annual competencies. Evaluates learning effectiveness using standardized outcome measurements. Utilizes performance measures and workforce needs to drive education plans and learning strategies. Maintains appropriate documentation.
- Performs as a change agent and leads in the interpretation, implementation and evaluation of the performance goals and objectives and quality management activities. Explores innovation, embraces and utilizes technology to deliver on learning needs and accomplish learning goals.
- Provides clinical leadership. Establishes visibility and credibility. Leads and participates on assigned committees and teams. Participates in unit or facility shared leadership.
Bachelors Degree in nursing or related healthcare field. Current RN licensure in state of practice. BLS certification required. Three to five years work experience in area of specialty (or educational equivalent). Working knowledge of ancillary and support department responsibilities. Excellent presentation, facilitation and computer technology skills, strong organization and communication skills and the ability to take initiative, solve problems and improve processes.
Professional certification in specialty area preferred. Two or more years in a position with primary responsibility for design and delivery of learning programs for adult learners is preferred. Additional related education and/or experience preferred.