RN Clinical Education Specialist - Banner Thunderbird Medical Center
Full Time position - May require some travel between Banner facilities
Day shift with off shift hours as needed.
No weekends or holidays required.
Supports Med/Surg, CAPD, nursing sudent placement, BLS coordination and Banner Med/Surg and Oncology Academies
Med/Surg and/or Oncology certifications, highly preferred
The Medical Surgical areas at BTMC have 138 beds and cover general surgery, orthopedics, renal, oncology and a unit that specializes in Behavioral health patients with medical/surgical needs. The leadership team is spread over five units. This area is trying to raise the bar for nursing performance and are actively involved in attaining new certifications with the ortho core competency as their next step. They are already certified for chest pain, and as a stroke center. This position manages the onboarding and continued education for approx 260 staff members. This person is a key facilitator of all BTMC Med Surg education as well as CAPD, nursing student placement, and BLS coordination. This role is also responsible for system activities for the Med Surg and Oncology Academies.
About Banner Health Corporate
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. With locations in Phoenix, Mesa and Sun City, Ariz. and Greeley, Colo., we offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you’ll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
About Banner Health
Banner Health was selected as one of the Top Leadership Teams in Healthcare by Health Leaders Media, is one of the Top 100 Integrated Healthcare Networks in the nation according to SDI, and voted as one of the “ Best Places to Work ” in the Phoenix metro area by the Phoenix Business Journal. We encouraged you to read more information about Banner Health. We recommend the following options:
- Why Banner Health?
- Banner Health Benefits
- Banner Health Careers
This position enhances professional practice through planning, developing and conducting education, development and education and training for nursing and other key clinical services staff. Evaluates effectiveness of programs and provides guidance to staff and key leaders based on results. Facilitates assessment and identification of ongoing learning needs for staff development programs. Designs and delivers programs that support the organization’s mission, vision, values and strategic goals implemented using the organization’s framework for professional nursing practice and development and the American Nurses Association scope and standards of practice for nursing professional development. Supports eWeb technology and other e-learning applications.
- Assures seamless orientation of new and/or transferring clinical staff with oversight and influence of the orientation experience. Supports and develops staff including preceptors, new graduates and experienced nurses while acting as a role model for proficient clinical practice, patient safety and evidence-based practice. Supports an environment and infrastructure that promotes professional growth and advanced skills.
- Develops and implements strategic workforce learning and development services to support the achievement of workforce goals, quality initiatives and clinical practice. Critically assesses, plans, develops and delivers clinical curriculum, developmental programs and services. Facilitate learning utilizing multiple modalities.
- Coordinates and facilitates annual competencies. Evaluates learning effectiveness using standardized outcome measurements. Utilizes performance measures and workforce needs to drive education plans and learning strategies. Maintains appropriate documentation.
- Performs as a change agent and leads in the interpretation, implementation and evaluation of the performance goals and objectives and quality management activities. Explores innovation, embraces and utilizes technology to deliver on learning needs and accomplish learning goals.
- Provides clinical leadership. Establishes visibility and credibility. Leads and participates on assigned committees and teams. Participates in unit or facility shared leadership.
Bachelors Degree in nursing or related healthcare field. Current RN licensure in state of practice. BLS certification required. Three to five years work experience in area of specialty (or educational equivalent). Working knowledge of ancillary and support department responsibilities. Excellent presentation, facilitation and computer technology skills, strong organization and communication skills and the ability to take initiative, solve problems and improve processes.
Professional certification in specialty area preferred. Two or more years in a position with primary responsibility for design and delivery of learning programs for adult learners is preferred. Additional related education and/or experience preferred.