RN Clinical Informatics – Emergency Department
- Required: Licensed Registered Nurse;
- BSN Nursing preferred
- Minimum 5 years healthcare experience; Knowledge of CIS systems; Patient Safety knowledge;
- Working knowledge of clinical performance improvement;
- Proven communication skills;
- able to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel within the organization;
- Demonstrated presentation skills;
- Demonstrated leadership in change management.
- Ability to work flexible schedules to include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Develops and implements strategies to move the Healthcare System toward a fully integrated computerized patient record.
- The Clinical informatics Registered Nurse (CI RN ) is an expert in human factors, patient safety, and the use of technology to optimize care delivery processes and effectively communicate patient care activity.
- The CI RN specializes in patient care processes and clinician workflow and leads initiatives to promote effective process design, development, and implementation of the Electronic Medical Record and other technologies.
- Participates in inpatient and outpatient “Nursing and Therapist Informatics committees. These clinical committees will act as sounding boards for products (e.g. screen designs and implementation plans)
- Advocate for patients’ needs and rights pertaining to the Healthcare System’s clinical information systems, including issues if confidentiality of medical information.
- The CI RN is responsible for assuring clinician involvement in evaluation of new technology design and function.
- As well, this role supports physicians, nurses, pharmacists, and other clinicians as the resource for requests related to technology changes.
- The CI RN demonstrates independent decision making as appropriate in evaluation of requests for system improvements and determines feasibility and advisability of system changes.
- The CI RN works closely with clinicians, departmental leadership, Quality, Patient Safety and Accreditation and Licensure Departments and Information Systems staff to clarify needs, prioritize requests, recommend technology design, workflow and execute change and adaptation to the EMR and other technology.
- Responsible for order set management:
- Development and maintenance of overall principles for safe design and use of order sets, with a focus on workflow design;
- Development and maintenance of standard order set clinical content;
- Identified leader as resource for requests for changes, additional orders and order sets;
Saline Memorial Hospital - 4 months ago
Saline Memorial Hospital (SMH) is a not-for-profit medical facility serving the western region of Arkansas. The full-service hospital has...