Brandon Regional Hospital is committed to providing our patients and their families with compassionate care. For more than 30 years our busy, 407-bed acute care facility has been dedicated to quality and devoted to our community. We have been named a Top 100 Hospital in America five times, and our Intensive Care Unit has been named a Top 100 ICU.
Families trust us to meet their needs, knowing that they have access to these Centers of Excellence:
Chest Pain Center * Heart & Vascular Institute * Spine Care Center * Advanced Primary Stroke Center * Cancer Care * Women's & Children's Center
Join our friendly community hospital with its close-knit staff of caring professionals located just south of Tampa and discover how we care.
The RN in the Intensive Care Unit manages the nursing care of critically ill patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring for patients.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
At HCA West and Central Florida's 15 hospitals we're not just caregivers, we're devoted to caring. Located throughout Tampa, St. Petersburg, Sarasota and the greater Orlando area, we're on a journey to reach new heights in service excellence for our patients. As an integral part of the nation's largest healthcare system with more than 15,000 healthcare professionals on our team, we foster an environment where you will be supported, valued and encouraged to grow.
- Current licensure as an RN.
- Current BLS and ACLS certification through the American Heart Association.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Minimum 1 year previous experience as a RN in ICU requried.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Make excellence your goal by joining our family of hospitals. To learn more and to apply, go to www.MoreCareerChoices.com.
The Comprehensive Hospital System Serving West & Central Florida
Blake Medical Center
Brandon Regional Hospital
Central Florida Regional Hospital
Community Hospital of New Port Richey
Doctors Hospital of Sarasota
Edward White Hospital
Englewood Community Hospital
Fawcett Memorial Hospital
Largo Medical Center
Northside Hospital & Tampa Bay Heart Institute
Oak Hill Hospital
Osceola Regional Medical Center
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
South Bay Hospital
St. Petersburg General Hospital
HCA Inc - 2 years ago
Creating a culture of commitment and compassion, One Person at at time!
Brandon Regional Hospital is committed to providing our patients...