Research Psychiatric Center
is the premiere behavioral health inpatient facility in the Kansas City area and offers a complete range of acute inpatient, day treatment, and community based outpatient behavioral health care. We treat children, adolescents, adults and senior adults for emotional problems, mental illness, and behavioral health issues. We offer a friendly work environment, supportive management team, and excellent benefits.
The Nurse Manager provides leadership to an assigned nursing unit(s) with responsibility for planning, directing and evaluating the patient care and services provided. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Manages personnel in the accomplishment of designated goals and the provision of nursing care and services.
- Manages the provision of adequate and competent staffing.
- Evaluates effectiveness of care in producing desired patient outcomes.
- Addresses any issues that affect the desired patient outcomes.
- Ensures that age and culturally appropriate care is given.
- Ensures departmental compliance with regulatory and Joint Commission requirements.
- Monitors and adheres to annual hospital operating budget.
- Implements cost-effective strategies in staffing and supply management decisions.
- Assists staff in providing patient care and services as needed.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Current Missouri RN licensure.
- Current BLS Healthcare Provider and NVCI required upon hire or within three months of hire.
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing. Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or Management preferred.
- Four to six years of related experience or training in a psychiatric inpatient setting. One to two years supervisory experience.
- Previous experience in charge or leadership position.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, strong communication skills and leadership abilities.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment.
HCA Inc - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard