The Operating Room RN provides nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses, plans and evaluates the nursing care needs of the patient before, during and after a surgical procedure.
- Provides nursing care to the patient undergoing surgical procedures.
- Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients.
- Participates in the care of patients receiving conscious sedation.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, applies dressings, monitors vital signs.
- Assists physician during procedures.
- Ensures the proper handling of specimens.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Current licensure as an RN.
- Current certification as a BLS, ACLS Healthcare Provider.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
HCA Inc - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -