This position requires on-line pre-employment skills assessments. The assessments are free of charge and can be taken from any PC with Internet access. Candidates who meet the minimum requirements will be contacted via email with instructions. In order to move forward in the process, your must complete the assessments within 48 hours of receipt and meet the criteria.
At WellPoint, emphasizing the importance of health and wellness among our members means healthy living as well for our employees. Thats why we seek RN professionals who embody our commitment to living well, who share a passion to influence others and advocate healthy living. The encouragement our nurse health coaches provide to our members positively impacts healthy life choices and provides a sense of well-being that is immeasurable.
As we expand our RN opportunities for our Atlanta and Richmond call centers Care Management and Health and Wellness Coaching Programs, we look for individuals who share in our beliefs. These open positions are a unique chance to work a full-time schedule with competitive pay differential - so, if you are enthusiastic about helping others live healthier lives, a rewarding career opportunity, and free time with family/friends with time to explore your interests outside of work -this unique opportunity is just for you. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, there is the opportunity to qualify for work-at-home options.
As an RN in our NurseLine program, youll be focused on:
Here are just a few ways in which your clinical knowledge and expertise will be utilized:
- Professional assessment of caller’s needs with accurate, concise documentation. · Assess caller’s situation using established criteria and protocol
- Provide callers with appropriate medical information
Variable hours are available including the following shifts:
- Use established software, on-line resources, written materials and nursing background to provide callers w/ appropriate medical information
- Performing behavioral or clinical assessments to identify health needs
- Provide caller with appropriate resources as necessary
PT - Monday-Thursday 5:30p to 2:00a (32 hours/week)
FT - Saturday/Sunday/Monday 7:30a to 8:00p (36 hours/week)
NurseLine: 24/7 Inbound Telephone Triage
Staff is scheduled 24 hours/7days weekly with rotation of major holidays off.
Current, unrestricted RN license from the Commonwealth of Virginia or Georgia Board of Nursing
Once an offer is accepted, all external applicants are subject to a background investigation
- 2-3 years of acute clinical experience required. Med/surg, ER, ICU or Telemetry areas are preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as strong organizational and motivational skills
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to be licensed in multiple states in a timely fashion
- Professional certifications, knowledge of care management assessment techniques, and provider and community resource knowledge are a plus
- Telephone triage experience is strongly preferred.
- BSN a plus
and if appropriate, drug testing. Offers of employment shall be contingent upon
passing both the background investigation and drug testing (if required).
associate referral process on WorkNet. Official guidelines for the associate referral
- Current WellPoint associates: All referrals must be submitted through the formal
program can be found in My HR.
Similar Job Postings
- WARNING : Please beware of phishing scams that promote work-at-home opportunities and may also pose as legitimate companies. Please be advised that a WellPoint recruiter will never ask you for a credit card or any type of payment as part of consideration for a role with our company. All of our careers require that you first complete an online application on our wellpoint.com/careers web site.
RN Nurse Case Manager I...
Health Educator - Full ...
Nurse Case Mgr I (Job F...
Social Worker - LCSW - ...
Medical Mgmt Specialist...
It’s a powerful combination. It’s the foundation upon which we’re creating greater care for our members, greater value for...