Registered Nurse / RN - Operating Room / OR
West Palm Hospital
West Palm Beach, FL
West Palm Hospital, located in the heart of West Palm Beach, is a 250-bed acute care facility with over 30 years’ experience in providing the highest quality of care to our community. Conveniently located right off I-95, and equipped with large private rooms, soothing environments and technologically advanced medical equipment, our comprehensive service offering not only establishes West Palm Hospital as a premiere, full-service hospital but makes certain that our highly trained and caring staff is prepared to address the healthcare needs of those we serve.
West Palm Hospital has been named one of the nation’s top performers on key quality measures by The Joint Commission for the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, the leading accreditor of health care organizations in America. Only 14% of the nation’
s hospitals receive this honor. Additionally, our stroke program holds a Gold Seal of Approval from the Joint Commission and has earned the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association "Get With The Guidelines - Stroke Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award." These distinctions are a direct result of our physicians and employees’ commitment to clinical excellence.
For the third consecutive year, HCA Ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies of 2013. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies for the fourth consecutive year. Join our tradition of excellence!
The Operating Room RN provides nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses, plans and evaluates the nursing care needs of the patient before, during and after a surgical procedure.
- Provides nursing care to the patient undergoing surgical procedures.
- Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients.
- Participates in the care of patients receiving conscious sedation.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, applies dressings, monitors vital signs.
- Assists physician during procedures.
- Maintains aseptic techniques and actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- Coordinates the operating room with respect to sterility, cleanliness, availability of functioning equipment and supplies.
- Ensures the proper handling of specimens.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Current State of Florida licensure as an RN
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
West Palm Hospital, located in the heart of West Palm Beach, is a 250-bed acute care facility with over 30 years’ experience in providing...